Home Open Account Help 393 users online

International Railroad Discussion > Digital Cameras at JengPeng

Date: 05/24/04 13:51
Digital Cameras at JengPeng
Author: Inthehole

I am planning on buying a Canon Digital Rebel (Canon 300D) and wondered about taking pictures in the cold (for maximum steam effect) with a Compactflash disk for memory. I am going in September, so temps in the morning will be at or a little below freezing. Has anyone had problems with these cards when taking pictures here or anywhere else in this cold weather?

Date: 05/24/04 18:42
Re: Digital Cameras at JengPeng
Author: Nitehostler

I have absolutely no experience with these devices at all, however I've seen some really great images of that area taken this year by friends who used digital. Try contacting africansteam, but I'm sure there are others online who can also help you. I know some of these folks just put the camera in their pocket when outdoors in the cold.

Date: 05/25/04 09:28
Author: pvn99

Hi

I spent two weeks in that area in early March, when the temp was way below freezing. Some days as low as 2 deg F. Used a Canon 10D with compact flash cards. Didn't experience any problems with them.

I did notice that battery life was shorter, but not enough to require constant changing. Just to beo on the safe side, I changed or recharged them every night.

I posted a few shots at www.pbase.com/paulv99k. You are welcome to look at them.

PVN

Date: 05/27/04 21:49
Author: jsomerville

Taken with Sony DSC-707.

Date: 05/27/04 21:54
Author: jsomerville

It was relatively warm, but I had no problems.

And I live in Alaska and have had no digital camera problems (on my third Sony digital now - kept upgrading for more pixels).

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0371 seconds