Home Open Account Help 222 users online

Railfan Technology > Photoshop Elements 7.0 tutorial??

Date: 11/07/09 12:36
Photoshop Elements 7.0 tutorial??
Author: IndianaHarbor

Can any of you here suggest a good tutorial book/CD for Photoshop Elements 7.0. I am totally new to this. Maybe I should have stuck with Fujichrome :)...Thank you in advance!

Gary

Date: 11/07/09 12:38
Re: Photoshop Elements 7.0 tutorial??
Author: grahamline

The books from Focal Press by Philip Andrews very easy to use. Good indexes and illustrations, with clear step-by-step instructions. They're available through Amazon and in some bigger photo equipment stores.

Date: 11/07/09 14:34
Author: RustyRayls

Also "The Photoshop Elements 7 Book for Digital Photographers" by Scott Kelby and Matt Kloskowski. Once you get comfortable with the basics there are numerous books available dealing with advanced techniques. When you get up to speed, you won't miss that film at all! A basic class at your local Community College is also a good way to get over the hump. That's how I lost my "fear of flying" and got comfortable enough to start experimenting. Trial & error is sometimes the best teacher. Work with copies of files. That way, if you screw up too bad to fix it, you can just send it to the dumper and start over again.

Have fun with it!
Old Bob out in Lost Wages

Date: 11/07/09 15:10
Author: chessie-2117

Bob's advice is some of the very best given for working with digital images. NEVER, EVER work on originals. To many bad things can happen. ALWAYS use copies.
As for working in PSE 7, all advice given was good, and, as was stated, there's nothing wrong with experimenting on copies. You can't go to wrong, and may pick up a few things that you like.

John R

Date: 11/07/09 20:16
Author: Edwardjb

Go to website http://www.ed2go.com and check out local availability thru junior colleges or community colleges. For $120.00 or so I just finished eight weeks of on-line instruction on PSE. It was MORE THAN WORTH IT.

Ed

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0387 seconds