Home Open Account Help 379 users online

Railfan Technology > Help - Video Editing

Date: 03/03/14 22:32
Help - Video Editing
Author: mojaveflyer

I recently purchased Adobe Photoshop Elements Premier 11 and I'm in the process of learning to edit some video I shot. When I save it, it appears to have the suffix .prev behind the name of the file. Is there a way to save videos as a .mov or one of the more common file names to make it easier to share?

Yes, I've looked through the Help files but haven't found anything addressing this particular problem. Thanks!

Date: 03/04/14 01:20
Re: Help - Video Editing
Author: arrowspatial

not knowing this software, but in general there is a separate function to produce a movie (type .mov .avi etc) based on the elements on the project file.

Date: 03/04/14 13:19
Author: RyanWilkerson

It's been a couple years since I've used that program but I think the .PREV is an internal backup of your project.
As mentioned, you will want to export the file in a format to upload it to TO or other places.

Ryan Wilkerson
Fair Oaks, CA

Date: 03/04/14 14:24
Author: Vanakatherock

As stated above, you will want to export it, not save it. Photoshop usually lets you export your completed work to a folder of your choosing on your computer.

If you're on Windows, also consider Windows Movie Maker as another way to edit your videos if Photoshop doesn't have some of the tools you're looking for.

Date: 03/04/14 23:18
Author: norm1153

Yes, what you were saving was your project file; so that you could end the program and at some future point, start the program, load that project file to be where you left it at.
Exporting (rendering), will take a few minutes, or more...

Date: 03/05/14 20:01
Author: Krokodil

There is a publish and share button that lets you render your final work in various fromats for different ourposes, from social websites to mobile phones and also export as files in many formats to your computer. The project saving just keeps track of your imported files and various manipulations .

Thomas Eckhardt

Date: 03/07/14 13:39
Author: bigjim4life

First, make sure that you click anywhere in the timeline - so the program knows that is what you are saving. Go to File - then Export - then the first option (don't remember what it is). Once the new window pops up, you can pick from any number of formats - make sure that the one you pick is compatible with your footage (i.e. if your footage is 800x600 that you're not picking 1600x1400 (or whichever).

Jim Lipnitz
Morrisville, PA
Big Jim Video Productions

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.032 seconds