Home Open Account Help 384 users online

Railfan Technology > Power Point, What is happening to my slides?

Date: 05/30/14 10:17
Power Point, What is happening to my slides?
Author: tq-07fan

I just installed office onto my computer today. I started inserting pictures into Power Point for an upcoming slide show. If I use pristine digital pictures they look great. The problem is my slide show is going to be almost completely off of scanned in 35mm slides from 2004. When I attempt to put these in they come out either really tiny or horribly pixilated when blown up. I also tried a couple of compressed digital pictures with similar results. Is there something that I am doing wrong or some way of making the scanned in slides fit the screen without being pixalated?

This slide comes out fine here, even after compression but I can't get the same results with Power Point. Chicago, Brighton Park January 1st 2004.

Jim

Date: 05/30/14 11:27
Re: Power Point, What is happening to my slides?
Author: HRGXguy

First thought....given that this is a new install of PowerPoint, try going into Preferences or Options, and find out what the default resolution is for imported images. That might be your problem.

HRGXguy,
Hard to be more specific without seeing what's actually going on.

Date: 06/09/14 11:24
Author: ddavies

Determine the screen resolution of the computer, if not known. With photoshop or similar program, resize all your images that you want to import to the width resolution of the monitor. This will make sure Power Point does not resize them. If your old slides are scanned at a resolution lower than your current screen resolution, you will have to rescan the images (sounds like pixillation is from trying to make tiny images large).

Date: 11/20/14 18:49
Author: baumback

If you haven't solved your problem with image degradation this may help. I'm using PowerPoint 2010, so your version may be different. On the File Tab there is an Options menu. Click the Options menu, select Advanced, scroll to Image Size and Quality, check "Do not compress images in file". Click "OK" to exit dialog box. Your image will be inserted into the PowerPoint file without any additional compression or resampling. You can actually extract the image stored in the PowerPoint by changing the file extension from .pptx to .zip (yes, the PowerPoint file is actually a zip file). Open the zip file and look for your image in ppt\media. It will probably be re-named to something like image1.JPG for a jpeg image. Compare the extracted image with the original and notice that it is exactly the same size as the original. With a file comparison tool you can also verify that the extracted file is bit-by-bit identical to the original.
Mark

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 11/20/14 19:04 by baumback.

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0383 seconds