Home Open Account Help 282 users online

Railfan Technology > FAA looking at Drone Smartphone App

Date: 09/08/15 10:27
FAA looking at Drone Smartphone App
Author: SR_Krause

This crossed my view today, I think it's of interest on this board, esp. in the name of "not screwing it up for everyone else". I hope the FAA is taking a "We need to help you stay out of trouble" approach to this.

http://www.constructionequipment.com/faa-beta-tests-drone-smartphone-app?eid=216593542&bid=1170697

SRK

Steve Krause
Chillicothe, IL

Date: 09/08/15 10:39
Re: FAA looking at Drone Smartphone App
Author: radar

That might help if the drone operators were simply making mistakes out of ignorance.  The problem is quite a few of them are knowingly breaking laws and risking lives.  An operator knows they are breaking laws when they fly within feet of helicopters and penetrate visibly active airspace.  The FAA needs to put a few in jail before this will stop.  In at least one case, they have the operator on video and know his identity, yet charges have not been filed.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 09/08/15 10:40 by radar.

Date: 09/17/15 22:37
Re: FAA looking at Drone Smartphone App
Author: milepost180

If they are going to fly in my airspace, they need to have a drone license.  The FAA should come up with licensing requirements or require rated pilots to fly them as we know the airspace system.  

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0328 seconds