Home Open Account Help 292 users online

Railfan Technology > New Trainorders bugs

Date: 04/20/17 14:43
New Trainorders bugs
Author: Railpax71

Two new bugs. First involves the warning about links to sites. Second all the text formatting capabilities have disappeared and editing font size is "bible print. (edited) First bug appears fixed. Attached a screenshot of the cause of bug #2 which is a javascript file not included because of insecure content. Safari on Mac OSX.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 04/22/17 14:01 by Railpax71.

Date: 04/21/17 03:09
Re: New Trainorders bugs

How can we help debug this? I am facing issues on our own website. Is there a better way to report bugs to make it better for all subscribers? Sad to see this much broken and more that I have observed.

Date: 04/21/17 03:45
Author: acltrainman

I'm getting the warning on every article I click on Trainorders. I don't get the message on other sites. The warning is secure content. I hope this can be corrected soon.

Stanley Jackowski
Valrico, FL

Date: 04/21/17 08:27
Author: jtwlunch

No problems getting everything through Chrome on my end.

Date: 04/21/17 14:15

The links to sites bug appear to have been fixed. I am a web developer and test on all platforms and browsers.

Date: 04/21/17 14:58
Author: NormSchultze

I get it,too. real PITA. No other sites have this problem.

Date: 04/21/17 22:43
Author: SouthWestRailCams

One thing that I have been doing as a work-around in my post is using forum bb code.

Bold = [ b ]Bold[ /b ] (Remove the extra space within the brackets and place the words that you want bold where it says "Bold" between the set of brackets. Example: Example = [ b ]Example [ /b ] without the extra spaces before and after the "b" and "/b".
Italics = [ i ]Italics[ /i ] Same as bold, just with the bb code with an "i".
Underline = [ u ]Underline[ /u ] Same as bold, just with the bb code with an "u".

Hope this helps.

SouthWest RailCams
CA, NM, CO, TX, AZ
https://SouthWestRailCams.com

Date: 04/22/17 08:00
Author: Auburn_Ed

This is a TEST. Continuing with the TEST. Hey, it WORKS. Thanks for the tip!

Ed

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 04/22/17 08:03 by Auburn_Ed.

Date: 04/22/17 08:44
Author: trainjunkie

These must be Windows issues. I've seen none of the behaviors or problems described in this or any of the related threads on my Mac running OS X and Firefox, or on my iPad with Safari and the desktop TO site. Zero.

Date: 04/22/17 09:46
Author: SouthWestRailCams

The issue from what I can tell is due to the "Secure" items. Internet Explorer on Windows will prompt to show all content (Secure and Unsecure), if you choose in Internet Explorer to "Show All Content", it will load all the additional features as before. Checking in Firefox on Windows, it automatically blocks the "Unsecure" items on the page unless you tell it to "Disable the Protection".

As Todd mentioned in a previous post, he is working on it in sections cause of the complexity of Trainorders. I for one had this issue with my website, however my site is not as advanced as Trainorders, just a simple railfan site for AZ in forum format.

I will say Todd is doing a great job on bringing the SSL (Security) to his site and to making it safer for all of us.

SouthWest RailCams
CA, NM, CO, TX, AZ
https://SouthWestRailCams.com

Date: 04/22/17 13:42

Insecure content is exactly what is being blocked. Here CKEDITOR.js is blocked by http access. The first line in the screenshot shows the warning about blocking, and the error in the last line shows the result. This is Safari on Mac OSX.

Date: 04/22/17 13:48
Author: gandydancer4

Buy an Apple computer and get rid of Microsoft. No problems on my end

Date: 04/22/17 19:21
Author: Railbaron

I use Windows 10 using Edge and I have no issues viewing anything. Is this an issue that only affects posting - I haven't posted anything with images in a while.

Date: 04/23/17 01:46
Author: cchan006

gandydancer4 Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Buy an Apple computer and get rid of Microsoft. No
> problems on my end

I use both Macs and PCs, and typing this on a Mac. Your arrogant advice is terrible. I don't think you read news from the tech media, but there's a recent controversy inside Apple regarding the future of the Mac. If Apple changes its focus away from the Mac, the neglect can lead to gaping security holes on the platform.

Many thanks to Railpax71 for sharing his expertise. I noticed some problems with fonts initially (several days ago), but the site functions normally right now.

Date: 05/01/17 10:54
Author: dozerman

Hey all I did some searching on the met and came up with this remedy to stop that annoying pop up bar "show all content" from popong up all the time, it works!Try to follow the steps belowa.       Open Internet Explorer.b.      Click on the tools icon and select Internet Options.c.       Click on the Security tab and click on Custom level.d.      Under Settings go to Miscellaneous and Enable Display Mixed Content.e.      Then click OKf.        Restart Internet Explorer and check if it displays the pop-up.  did it and now I do not have to look at the dam annoying bar

Date: 05/04/17 22:39
Author: mundo

Dozermans fix did not work for me. IE with windows 7.

I speak little computer tech.

Date: 05/04/17 22:49
Author: a737flyer

What's a computer? Oh, something from the last century...

Date: 05/04/17 22:50

It is nothing you are doing or can be fiddled with to make it work. CKEDITOR.js is on a third party website and your browser won't load it because it is not https like TO. The fix is for our webmaster to copy the file onto the TO server and fix the references. You still get this error message when you open a reply box:

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 05/04/17 23:27 by Railpax71.

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0743 seconds