Home Open Account Help 256 users online

Railfan Technology > My Dog Dropped My Camera

Date: 10/14/17 07:50
My Dog Dropped My Camera
Author: Auburn_Ed

Sydney, my dog (puppy) recently borrowed my Sony A6000. Then he dropped it. The battery and card compartment door broke off. Otherwise, it seems okay. Does anyone have experience or suggestions concerning repair facilities? Send to Sony? Or search for a local repair facility? Thanks in advance for your help.

Ed

Date: 10/14/17 08:04
Re: My Dog Dropped My Camera
Author: seod

I dropped my Nikon D7100 out of the door of the truck and it impacted on the rear back corner after that the auto focus was not very good it would take several pushes of the button to get it to focus correctly. At wide angle it was OK but at telephoto's it was off enough to make it very noticeable. At long lenses it looked like a poorly done image combination with just a bit of fringing.

To make a long story short I sent it to Nikon and $346 later it is back to perfect they did a fantastic job on fixing it they even replaced the bottom plate and the lens flange and did a good cleaning and adjusting on it too. It only took about 3 weeks to get it back too. I would probably lean more toward sending it into the official factory repair over a camera shop that fixes cameras.

Scott O'Dell

Date: 10/16/17 09:48
Author: 55002

I know what I would drop......

Date: 10/24/17 16:16
Author: skyview

My cat (very close to former cat, and much more my wife's cat), decided to pull my D810 with 70-200mm tele from the center of the kitchen island to the floor early this past summer, $840 in repairs was the cost to repair the D810 body, lens was ok as body took the stress and broke)... almost didnt repair but the resale value of the camera was about double the repair so did the repair.

Date: 11/01/17 06:18
Author: Bob3985

Although not camera related I caught my ex wife's cat fur lining my tunnels on my HO scale model railroad in my basement.
To make the story short she caught me getting ready to drop kick the dear little critter up the basement stairwell.

Bob Krieger
Cheyenne, WY

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0305 seconds