Home Open Account Help 100 users online

Railfan Technology > Uniden BC125AT

Date: 03/18/20 14:03
Uniden BC125AT
Author: DocJohn

I just received subject radio from Universal Radio in Worthngton, OH.  Is there a quick way to program this radio for AAR channels and then lock out the ones I don't need right now.

Thank you,

John

Date: 03/18/20 14:30
Re: Uniden BC125AT
Author: WW

You can search the entire RR band using the preprogrammed band search.  If you want to program the AAR channels into the memory bank, the quickest way to do it is to use the programming software available from the Uniden website, then add or delete channels to the memory scan function.  Note I said "quickest," not "quick."  You will have just under 200 frequencies to enter for the AAR "old" narrow-band and newer "splinter" channels.  It is possible to program the channels from the keypad, but it is very slow and very easy to make mistakes.  The good news is that, if you program all the AAR channels, you should only have to do it once.  

Date: 03/18/20 19:19

Thank you for your help.  Once I had the drivers installed on my hp laptop (win 10  pro), I put the channels I nededed in the "spreadsheet" and download the data to the radio.  Working at squelch level 2.  Radio has much bettter rejection of stray RF than my FX-270 has.John

Date: 03/19/20 00:50
Author: Rmosele

Where on the Uniden website is this app? I have looked all over it and don't find any software related to the BC 125 AT.

Date: 03/19/20 14:26
Author: WW

Rmosele Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Where on the Uniden website is this app? I have
> looked all over it and don't find any software
> related to the BC 125 AT.

http://info.uniden.com/UnidenMan4/BC125AT 

Date: 03/19/20 15:01
Author: Rmosele

Thanks, WW.

Date: 03/20/20 17:36
Author: algoma11

I have one-you will like it!
The channel identification feature is nice.

Mike Bannon
St Catharines, ON

Date: 03/24/20 09:48
Re: Uniden BC125AT -- Channel-frequency download table

Does the data on the attached image look okay? Reason fo asking is that radio doesn't pick up much versus my Yaesu FT-270.  I am located about 5 miles NE of DeLand, FL, Amtrak station and about 3 miles east of the railroad (CSX Sanford Sub).  My understanding is that only trains running on Sanford sub north of DeBary Sunrail station are Amtrak and CSX A766 local freight on Tuesdays.

John

Date: 04/03/20 15:11
Author: jdavida10

if iyou are using the stock antenna, it is very poor.  Get an antenna cut for 160MHz.  Smiley Antennas, or Larrsen.  or, get an Amatuer Ham antenna that is very close, and it will work better than the original.  I like Diamond for Ham antennas.

Date: 04/04/20 13:32

Thank you.  I now have the Smiley 160MHz antenna.  Somewhat better, can at least hear some voices, but not clear.  If I lower Squelch below Level 2, I get nothing but static.  Should this be the case?

John

Date: 04/04/20 14:58
Author: refarkas

Lower than number two is all static for my BC 125AT. I think that is normal.
Bob

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0351 seconds