Home Open Account Help 317 users online

Railfan Technology > Lightroom Keywording

Date: 04/24/20 05:21
Lightroom Keywording
Author: Blackfoot

Being stuck at home for the foreseeble future, I've decided to tackle a long put-off project - keywording my photos in Lightroom.  It didn't take too long however before I came to a roadblock - where do I draw the line between Transit and Railroads?  I live in Toronto so I have a lot of TTC streetcar and bus photos, which I've keyworded as Transit, but I'm stuck on what to do with all my GO Transit photos.  So considering the attached image - would you consider it a Transit picture, a Railroad picture, or both.  Right now I'm leaning towards both, but I thought I'd throw the question out and see what other people think.

Thanks & Keep Safe,
Dwayne

Date: 04/24/20 06:56
Re: Lightroom Keywording
Author: mojaveflyer

My way of thinking is that passenger and transit operations are a subset of railroading. For my catagories in Photoshop Elements I use railroads names and "Amtrak & Other Passenger" to catagorize the transit and commuter operations. Of course you realize my opinion and a $1 would buy you a cheap  cup of coffee.... 

James Nelson
Thornton, CO
www.flickr.com/mojaveflyer

Date: 04/24/20 07:38
Author: bobwilcox

In this situation, I use both. It's easy to add irrelevant keywords upfront. Think of all the hashtags with an Instagram post. As an example, I use: =19.73px#rail#railroad#railway#railways=19.73px#railfan#railfannation#railphotousa #railfanning#train#trains=19.73px#trains_worldworldwide#train_nerds=19.73px#train_chasers#trainphotography=19.73px#trains_of_instagram#railroads #trains_r_the_best=19.73px#trainspotting#railbuff #railway #train #trains #railways #of #rail #trainspotting #railroad #world #our #ssc #upsc #trainspotter #railfans #photography #instagram #gk #railwayphotography #travel #eisenbahn #railfan #railwaystation #locomotive #station #zug #trainstagram #rrb #bhfyp #trainphotography #bahn #ssccgl #eisenbahnfotografie #rrbntpc #mppsc #transport #generalknowledge #railstagram #ips #ntpc #class #rails #vlak #photooftheday #eisenbahnbilder #ig #ibps #instatrain #railroads  

Bob Wilcox
Charlottesville, VA
My Flickr Shots

Date: 04/24/20 09:47
Author: robj

GO is ugly, if I photographed by accident I would delete. 

Bob

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0297 seconds