Home Open Account Help 326 users online

Western Railroad Discussion > McKinley Explorer Vista Domes Heading South Toward Denv

Date: 10/22/05 10:28
McKinley Explorer Vista Domes Heading South Toward Denv
Author: RioGrandeFan

Just heard from a friend that three McKinley Explorer full length vista domes are heading south on the Greeley Sub (Colorado) at the rear of a UP mixed freight. These are heading toward Canon City, CO for use on the Canon City and Royal Gorge train. My friend was unable to get any pictures so those that have some time might head out there. I'd go myself but I'm stuck at work.

Rio Grande Fan
Denver, CO

Date: 10/22/05 11:34
Re: McKinley Explorer Vista Domes Heading South Toward
Author: NDHolmes

Any word on where on the Greeley Sub? Debating if it's worth my time to shoot up there...

ND

Date: 10/22/05 12:11
Re: Rolling down the C&S not DP
Author: eatontm

They aren't on UP they are on the BNSF. The trio is on the rear of the H-LAUDEN-20 at Broomfield, CO. Setup is the 3 domes, boxcar, and 2 DPU's. They moved across the MRL to Laurel, MT on the H-PASLAU-18. BNSF 7703 had the train passing Boulder, CO at 1245.

TME

Date: 10/22/05 16:19
Rear end of H-LAUDEN
Author: kyrasmus

I "followed" this train from Loveland to Boulder. Here's the rear-end passing near the power plant at Valmont. Only the third car was wearing a displayed name - McKinley Explorer.

Date: 10/23/05 11:34
Re: Rear end of H-LAUDEN
Author: grande473

Where are these cars now?

Date: 10/27/05 19:31
Domes in Ca
Author: cozephyr

The domes moved to Cañon City, CO, October 26, 2005. They're expected to enter service on the Cañon City & Royal Gorge RR in November 2005. Visit their website for the latest.

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.118 seconds