Home Open Account Help 312 users online

Western Railroad Discussion > UP Greeley Sub Before Thanksgiving

Date: 11/21/12 14:34
UP Greeley Sub Before Thanksgiving
Author: mojaveflyer

Since Colorado has been blessed with near record temperatures (near 70 degrees) today, I thought I would look to see what was running on the Greeley Sub. I heard from a reliable source some traffic from the KP Sub will detour up the Greeley Sub to Cheyenne and then east to the Gibbon Cutoff due to a grain elevator collapse somewhere in Toto Land that has blocked that line for a couple of days. In Lasalle, CO, I found Local 3 heading south just as I got in town while another local was building his train in the yard. A short southbound manifest came through town and then Local 4 headed north. As I headed home, I caught the southbound manifest passing the Vestas Wind Turbine plant in North Brighton with what appears to be a train about ready to depart the plant.

Photo #1- Local 3 departs the south end of the Lasalle siding on a low green signal.

Photo #2- The southbound manifest works his way through town with 7061 doing all of the work. Apparently the other unit was shut down for fuel conservation. At least he put on a good show!

Photo #3- Local 4 has finished building his train and is departing to the north to switch in the Greeley area.

One more photo in Part II.

Date: 11/21/12 14:37
UP Greeley Sub Before Thanksgiving Part II

UP 7061 has run around Local 3 at Powars and is back on the mainline on the last part of the run to Denver. On the right you can see part of the wind turbine train being assembled at the Vestas Plant in North Brighton.

Thanks for looking and Happy Thanksgiving to everybody!

Date: 11/21/12 20:41
Re: UP Greeley Sub Before Thanksgiving Part II
Author: coach

Picture #2--is that train on the MAIN? If so, that's some spaghetti rail going on there...

Picture #3: what proper tri-light signals should look like: BIG. The new ones are way too small.

Date: 11/21/12 20:50
Re: UP Greeley Sub Before Thanksgiving Part II

Picture #2- Yes, that's the main line. The effect may be enhanced by my long lens...

Picture #3- I believe these are a really old installation. I think they've been there for as long as I can remember.

coach Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Picture #2--is that train on the MAIN? If so,
> that's some spaghetti rail going on there...
>
> Picture #3: what proper tri-light signals should
> look like: BIG. The new ones are way too small.

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0534 seconds