Home Open Account Help 361 users online

Western Railroad Discussion > Heritage Unit AMTK 66 on Train 22 this morning

Date: 12/05/12 10:09
Heritage Unit AMTK 66 on Train 22 this morning
Author: PALuvR

AMTK 66 came through Austin SB on #21 from Ft. Worth last night. I went out this morning to try and catch it on its NB return trip on #22. Headed down down to Kyle to try for a little variation from my usual haunts of Bergstrom and Manchaca. Having seen a northbounder on the ATCS screen, I hurried down to MP 202.25. Saw an approaching headlight through the trees and quickly pulled onto the highway shoulder. I grabbed a quick shot of NB autoracks with 2 EMD's. False alarm! Seems that #22 was running about an hour late. Having some errands that couldn't wait, I headed back to town where I did catch the AMTK 66 in Manchaca (MP 190 on the Austin Sub) at 10:00.

My first AMTK Heritage Unit. Looks pretty nice.

Mike

1. NB autoracks with a pair of SD70M's
2. NB on #22 through Manchaca

Date: 12/05/12 15:54
Re: Heritage Unit AMTK 66 on Train 22 this morning
Author: ssw

Hey, no fair, you had a sun angle... It couldn't have been running more perpendicular to the sun if it was trying to when I got it!

Here it is a few hours later at Pendleton, TX on the former ATSF

Bradley Linda
Waco, TX

Date: 12/05/12 16:18
Author: PALuvR

Guess it's the old "dance with who you brung" thing. Glad you got out to see her come through in the daylight.

Gosh it's been years, 25 to be exact, since I've lived in Temple and was up around Pendleton, Moody and Clifton. Also Copperas Cove, Lampasas, Lometa and Goldthwaite. Worked in Copperas Cove for a year in 1987 and watched those EB sulfur trains out the back door. Wasn't into photography back then. What else can I say.

Thanks for looking.

Mike

Date: 12/05/12 16:57
Author: KB5WK

Good catch! Hope it stays on 21/22 on the next run from Chicago.

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0387 seconds