Home Open Account Help 271 users online

Western Railroad Discussion > Green Bay Power

Date: 12/30/13 04:52
Green Bay Power
Author: robj

Couldn't quickly find the photos I wanted but this might do, symbolically, a little flat of a photo, a little ragged but still GB & W westbound at Hixton, WI - 5/93. I think they would leave Merrilan early in the morning for their run to the river and BN connection.

As I remember 3 and 1 and go deep was a little Bart Starr trademark, I kept thinking that could work in a tight game. So the final touchdown Sunday for the Packers was ..... Lot of memories since 1960 when Taylor was a little short inside the Eagles 10 yard line but Sunday was one of the better.

Bob Jordan

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 12/30/13 04:53 by robj.

Date: 12/30/13 06:21
Re: Green Bay Power
Author: 3rdswitch

Nice shot, on my last visit to the GBW in Aug '92 the westbound train number one would leave Merrillan very early while the crew from Green Bay got their rest and make the BN interchange at E Winona around sunrise making for an excellent chase of train number 2 east into the morning sun arriving back Merrillan around noonish. I will include a shot of the train just out of E Winona at the first crossing out of E Winona in Marshfield in early morning fog. Thanks for the memories of this great little fiesty road.
JB

Date: 12/30/13 08:37
Re: Green Bay Power
Author: robj

Nice shot in the fog. They moved along pretty well. I forget the town but WB one trip they had to make a pickup
shoved back, got their car, pumped the air and they were really off. With the shops and RH at Green Bay it was really neat railroad.

Bob

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0467 seconds