Home Open Account Help 244 users online

Western Railroad Discussion > Some manifests in the Cajon Pass

Date: 02/22/15 09:22
Some manifests in the Cajon Pass
Author: syscom3

SantaFeRuss asked if the BNSF runs manifests down the Cajon Pass. And the answer is yes they do. I will post a couple manifests for him.

The first video was taken at Mormon Rocks. I was caught out of position and had to take the video from where I was. I wasnt going to post this, but what the heck. Maybe a few people will enjoy it.

SantaFeRuss ; take note of the second to the last car. Its your namesake.

You must be a registered subscriber to watch videos. Join Today!

Date: 02/22/15 10:06
Re: Some manifests in the Cajon Pass
Author: syscom3

This was taken back on Jan 31st. It was quite windy that day, so sorry for the wind noise. I dont think even a high end microphone would have been able to work efficiently.

You must be a registered subscriber to watch videos. Join Today!

Date: 02/22/15 14:56
Author: mapboy

Thanks for posting these! First one looks like MBARWAT1, 2nd one looks like MBARSDG1 with DPU.

mapboy

Date: 02/24/15 20:35
Author: SantaFeRuss

I don't get on Trainorders.com everyday, so please forgive my late post.

Syscom3, thanks for the BNSF Manifest videos! You misunderstood me. I know BNSF runs manifest trains up and down Cajon Pass. I have photos of them myself. http://www.trainorders.com/discussion/read.php?1,1829305,1829305#msg-1829305

In the video you have of the UP manifest that was about 131 cars long, I was asking does BNSF run manifest trains that long. Seems Burlington Northern Santa Fe runs them a bit shorter, in the 60-80 car range. That, for the most part, was how Santa Fe ran them. Only very occasionally did Santa Fe run 100 or more cars on a manifest train. Again, thanks for the video. I enjoy them, so keep them coming.

SantaFeRuss

Date: 02/26/15 14:27
Author: ProAmtrak

Great video!

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0359 seconds