Home Open Account Help 247 users online

Western Railroad Discussion > A Few More of the CREX Trio Yesterday

Date: 02/18/17 11:48
A Few More of the CREX Trio Yesterday
Author: ColoradoRailfan

I had the day off work yesterday morning and both "SP8595" any myself were out west of Denver searching for BNSF's Provo-Denver with a trio of CitiRail CREX ES44ACs on the point. SP8595 was a bit ahead of me and was able to get a shot at the west switch of Rollins. I got the overpass at Rollins just as he was taking that shot. You can see all his (outstanding) shots here:
http://www.trainorders.com/discussion/read.php?1,4229896

I had to drop my daughter off at school, at which point the train was stuck at Winter Park. As I was headed west on CO-72, the train got a light through the Moffat Tunnel. The crew went on duty at 2100 the night before and had little time to work. The train entered the siding at Rollins right around 0840, with only another 20 minutes or so to work!

While I had the day of work, I still needed to be back home by 1130, so I knew I wouldn't be around in time to get the train on the move out of Rollins. I decided to hike in a bit and get a shot of the train siting on the siding, crew paitently waiting for their relief.

With nothing more to do with the manifest, I went west to Tolland to nab a shot of the (on time) westbound Zephyr.

==============

1. The CREX trio leads the Provo-Denver toward the overpass at Rollins, slowing on the siding.

2. The colorful DPU which include a CSX New Image C40-8W!

3. The crew of the Provo-Denver wait patiently in the cab for their relief. They just went dead as this shot was taken right at 0900.

One More to come...

Kevin Morgan
Arvada, CO
ColoradoRailfan.com

Date: 02/18/17 11:48
Re: A Few More of the CREX Trio Yesterday
Author: ColoradoRailfan

4. Lastly, a shot of the Zephyr at Tolland. The sun had finally broken through the largely overcast morning at this point!

Kevin Morgan
Arvada, CO
ColoradoRailfan.com

Date: 02/18/17 12:31
Author: icancmp193

Good catch! Have never seen a solid CREX lash-up.

Tom Y

Date: 02/18/17 12:40
Author: Ritzville

NICE series!!

Larry

Date: 02/18/17 14:16
Author: SouthWestRailCams

Great Catch!

Date: 02/18/17 18:43
Author: eatontm

Nice work getting up there in time! Keep em coming BNSF.

T

Date: 02/18/17 19:38
Author: SP8595

Neat shot at the crossing! Nice seeing you up there Kevin and Thanks for all of the help:}

Date: 02/19/17 05:14
Author: bobk

Nice catch and shots!

Date: 02/19/17 07:57
Author: oklachaser

Great catch & photos.

Ronda Thomas

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0702 seconds