Home Open Account Help 334 users online

Western Railroad Discussion > UP Manifest at Red Rock Pass, Idaho

Date: 04/15/17 23:44
UP Manifest at Red Rock Pass, Idaho
Author: jdln

Captured this northbound Union Pacific manifest train cruising past waterlogged fields and grazing cattle at Red Rock Pass, Idaho. This location is the spillway for anchient Lake Bonneville which, using cooler times about 14,500 years ago, overfilled and spilled into the Snake River basin to the north. The flood eroded the pass and lowered the lake 300 feet and probably made a huge mess downstream. This location is between Ogden and Pocatello on the Ogden Sub.
Shot with a DJI Mavic drone.

You must be a registered subscriber to watch videos. Join Today!

Date: 04/16/17 05:37
Re: UP Manifest at Red Rock Pass, Idaho
Author: ns1000

I enjoyed the video!!

Nice scenery.......

Date: 04/16/17 06:44
Author: electromac

EXCELLENT! 

Date: 04/16/17 17:36
Author: jpf94

Thank you for posting, very well done and a scenic spot

Date: 04/16/17 19:02
Author: grahamline

One of my favorite train watching spots when I lived in Pocatello in the 1970s.  Used to sit up on the little knob to the left.  The traffic was sparse but fairly predictable.

Date: 04/16/17 20:18
Author: jdln

Thanks you guys. I like this area around Swan Lake with its pastures, ponds and green hills. The mountains behind the camera are especially scenic right now; I should go back in the morning soon and shoot it.
What I really want to do is take my drone down by Cutler Dam and shoot that canyon. Stay tuned for that...

Date: 04/16/17 23:38
Author: Nomad

jdln Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------

> What I really want to do is take my drone down by
> Cutler Dam and shoot that canyon. Stay tuned for
> that...

Staying tuned and looking forward to seeing it.  I've been wondering when someone would get a drone in there.  I've thought about kayaking my drone-less self into that canyon sometime when I'm up that way...

Date: 04/20/17 09:15
Author: gjc

Nice flying and video! Enjoyed it very much!

George Cataulin
San Diego, CA
Left Coast Rail Videos

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0274 seconds