Home Open Account Help 251 users online

Western Railroad Discussion > 100-car frac sand train headed west on BNSF Emporia Sub.

Date: 04/06/18 08:46
100-car frac sand train headed west on BNSF Emporia Sub.
Author: JoCoLB

While enjoying a few hours on my first good spring day of train watching on the BNSF Railway's Emporia Sub. at Gardner, Kan., on Wednesday, April 4, 2018, I happened to catch a 100-car frac sand train headed west at 4:55 p.m.(CDST).

Unknown where the train was destined. I was not privy to a train symbol. The cars bore DSIX markings.

(Video by Larry Byers)

You must be a registered subscriber to watch videos. Join Today!

Date: 04/06/18 12:38
Re: 100-car frac sand train headed west on BNSF Emporia Sub.
Author: UP951West

Larry, great job filming this train which I saw coming through Ponca City, OK later that day . Thanks for posting this. More, please . --Kelly

Date: 04/06/18 12:57
Author: SantaFeRuss

Nice! Thanks for showing the entire train!

SantaFeRuss

Date: 04/07/18 05:48
Author: dcfbalcoS1

The DSIX cars belong to Dowell Schlumberger however thay apparently can run to numerous unloading facilities that may not be affiliated with DS. Same with Halliburton ( HWCX ) cars. Everyone is hauling sand about as fast as they can.

Date: 04/07/18 09:00
Author: JoCoLB

Thanks for that info.

Date: 04/08/18 01:10
Author: railscenes

So you wondered about the destination, but did not tell us which direction it was headed? Eastbound? No DPU. Could be empties headed for one of the few places that mine the special frac sand in the mid-west. Ottawa, IL?
Steve Rippeteau

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0299 seconds