Home Open Account Help 346 users online

Steam & Excursion > TV

Date: 03/26/06 17:02
TV
Author: photoguy24141

how come we never see anything about trains on tv, nothin on history channel. TLC , discovery, nothin about steam tourist trains, museums, or how about a 5 part series on the amtrak long distance routes. ?? (i remember TRAINS UNLIMITED on the history channel) but thats mainly it though ......... sigh.

Date: 03/26/06 17:09
Re: TV
Author: Steamjocky

There was a program on the Discovery Channel last night under the heading of "Extreme Machines" and all they talked about were modern day train wrecks. It was a rerun.

JDE

Date: 03/26/06 17:21
Author: Pullman

PBS stations carry Tracks Ahead and the Travel Channel also has regular train programming...

Date: 03/26/06 17:32
Author: SJH

PBS "Restoration Stories" airs tonight, Sunday March 26th at 9pm on KLCS Los Angeles. The first 20 minutes of the program chronicles the rebirth of Maine's 2-foot gauge Wiscasset, Waterville & Farmington Ry. Lots of PBS stations are running this show. http://www.restorationstories.com

Date: 03/26/06 19:41
Author: DublinDistrict

RFD TV regularly has Trains and Locomotives.

Date: 03/26/06 21:22
Trains on TV
Author: tvrha

DublinDistrict Wrote:
---------------------------------------
> RFD TV regularly has Trains and Locomotives.

To expand, RFD TV network carries its "Trains & Locomotives" series. This is the most comprehensive railroad video series I've seen anywhere. Its core has been the "Machines of Iron" line of historic and contemporary video products, with Herron, Pentrex, and others featured.

RFD is responsive to input--I've urged Patrick Gottsch, the Network's founder, to expand their railroad coverage to other rail-video producers. The more folks who provide feedback, the more likely we'll get to see more RR video on the network.

Date: 03/27/06 10:12
Author: dschlegel

Caught a History Channel show Saturday afternoon that detailed extreme locomotives (among other large equipment). There were color video segments of Big Boy's as well as some new UP AC6000 units.

Date: 03/27/06 13:18
Author: mikel

photoguy24141 Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> how come we never see anything about trains on tv,
> nothin on history channel. TLC , discovery, nothin
> about steam tourist trains, museums, or how about
> a 5 part series on the amtrak long distance
> routes. ?? (i remember TRAINS UNLIMITED on the
> history channel) but thats mainly it though
> ......... sigh.

There was a show on TV yesterday afternoon all about tourist/excursion trains (steam/diesel). Can't remember the name of it or channel (Travel ch ?). I'd see it a few others times over the last year. Nice segments on probably 1/2-dozen-ish tourist operations including Durango & Silverton.

I Tivo'ed it yesterday and if I remember, I'll post the info here.

Mike

Date: 03/27/06 22:43
Author: mikel

Found the show info, it's called:

Great Scenic Railway Journeys

"The Great Scenic Railways of the West" Grand Canyon, Mount Rainier and others, definitely showed Durango.

Was on PBS here in Los Angeles 3pm yesterday (Sun) 3/26/06.

Just found their website tonite !! 1st time I've seen it :)

http://www.gsrj.com/

Think this is the show that was on:

http://www.gsrj.com/thewest.htm

Cool, might have to pick up a DVD or 2 now !!

Mike

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0721 seconds