Home Open Account Help 327 users online

Steam & Excursion > Cheyenne Open House

Date: 04/23/11 13:58
Cheyenne Open House
Author: tehachcond

Can any of you folks tell us when the annual Cheyenne Depot/Steam shop open house is going to be this year? Sometime in May, I understand, but what weekend?
Thanks in advance.

Brian Black
Retired SP/UP Conductor
Castle Rock, CO

Date: 04/23/11 14:41
Re: Cheyenne Open House
Author: RJRimmasch

Brian,

From what I understand, Depot Days and the Sherman Hill Model Railroad Club annual show will be held the same weekend at a variety of locations across Cheyenne, including the Taco Johns Event Center and the Cheyenne Depot Plaza. There will be a number of modeling groups at the show. Additionally, we here at Wasatch Railroad Contractors also located in Cheyenne, WY. will be operating up to three 15 inch live steam locomotives for the public.

The show starts on Saturday, May 21 and runs until Sunday, May 22, 2011 until 4:00 p.m. Admission is $5.00 for adults, 12 and under FREE.

If you need more information feel free to contact Scott Phillips at (307) 630-3029.

It was a great event last year and I understand that it will be bigger this year. By holding the event in conjunction with Depot Days was a great move on the part of the Sherman Hill Model Railroad Club.

Kindly,

John E. Rimmasch
http://wrrc.us

Date: 04/23/11 15:39
Author: tehachcond

Thanks John. Looking forward to the events, and seeing you folks there. A little off thread, but wouldn't it be great to see these scenes from 2005 repeated this year?
Taken of the Denver Post trip 2005. Hello UP steam guys!

Brian Black
Retired SP/UP Conductor
Castle Rock, CO

Date: 04/23/11 18:20
Author: UP6936

Really you don't have to call me. The Steam Shop will be open during our show and Depot Days this year. Times are 9:30 to 5pm on Saturday, and 9:30 to 4pm on Sunday. Alot going on with this event this year. You can park at the City of Cheyenne Ice and Event Center, formerly know as the Taco Johns Event Center. Take the Street Trolley to the Steam Shop, by Car 57 that is being restored, and to the Depot. Plenty of Parking. $5.00 is the admission to the show.

Date: 04/24/11 09:58
Author: tomstp

Anyone have any pictures of the 3 15" gauge live steam locos?

Date: 04/25/11 13:30
Author: VERNON1946

Isn't that Lynn Nystrom, leaning out of the Engineer Cab?

Lynn was a Great Man!

And a good friend of mine...

We miss you, Lynn....

VERNON HARRISON
LA TOUR, MISSOURI

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0428 seconds