Home Open Account Help 364 users online

Steam & Excursion > PA's Steam-Powered Time Machine

Date: 07/25/14 22:25
PA's Steam-Powered Time Machine
Author: bioyans

On a whim, I decided to take a trip to Strasburg Railroad in PA. What better way to keep your camera skills sharp, than by heading out to a place where you know steam runs nearly every day of the year? Still sorting through the images from today's jaunt, but I'm sharing a few here. To some, it might be a bit touristy ... but this photographer is thankful that all those day trippers and weekenders keep the wheels rolling. Enjoy ...

Date: 07/26/14 05:57
Re: PA's Steam-Powered Time Machine
Author: ns1000

GREAT pics!!!

Date: 07/26/14 09:25
Author: YG

Never get tired of good quality steam photos like these.

Steve Mitchell
http://www.yardgoatimages.com

Date: 07/26/14 19:47
Author: kennbritt

Very nice. Thank you for showing them to us.

Ken Britton
Bedford, TX

Date: 07/26/14 22:12
Author: steam290

I like the N&W engine better in it's historical N&W livery, but it's still great either way. Superb photos!

Date: 07/27/14 07:10
Author: puddlejumper

Thanks for the great pix of 475. She is my favorite locomotive.

Date: 07/27/14 17:59
Author: cmlillja55

Every time I see 475, I think of O. Winston Link's "The Last Steam Railroad in America." Specifically, the chapter on the "Virginia Creeper." She looks a lot like the N&W M-Class engines last used on that line. I never get tired of Strasburg - the museums, the ride to Paradise. Multiple steamers working the line on peak days. It's just a great place and it's only an hour and 20 min away from me. I go almost every year. And yes, it would be very cool if they restored her to N&W livery. (Evidently, they did just that at one point, but changed it back.)

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 07/27/14 18:23 by cmlillja55.

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0406 seconds