Home Open Account Help 174 users online

Nostalgia & History > SP 9298 West

Date: 10/07/18 16:48
SP 9298 West
Author: SP2778

July 2, 1994. Near Tunnel 17,near Fields Ore...
((Video by "WAG"

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 10/07/18 18:57 by SP2778.

You must be a registered subscriber to watch videos. Join Today!

Date: 10/08/18 01:13
Re: SP 9298 West
Author: Fizzboy7

Outrageous train!   Love those trailers.

Date: 10/08/18 14:39
Author: Railbaron

Another great video right down to the "dumb" FRED on the rear-end.

I'm trying to figure out what train that would have been. The video appears to have been taken mid-morning based on light angle at that location. The PTLAF should have been long gone. Could have been a PTOAT, and probably was one as they ran early daylights, but that seemed awfully long for that plus there was a lot of Los Angeles traffic on that train. I guess it could have been a PTOAT with a Los Angeles block on it.

I guess it really doesn't matter - another great video.

I wish I could find my old timebooks to see if you shot any of the trains I was on. So far I doubt it because I always did something to the trailing units nobody else up here did and none of the trains you've shot have my "mark".

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 10/08/18 14:41 by Railbaron.

Date: 11/09/18 16:33
Author: spwolfmtn

My guess would be the PTLAF based on the IVT trailer on the head end.  However, the rest of the train looked more like a PTPCX.

Date: 11/09/18 17:06
Author: Railbaron

It's hard to say.

The PTLAF usually ran at night and this looks mid-morning so I doubt it's that.

The PTOAT was a morning train out of Eugene, which is why I suggested that. That was a weird train because some days it would be solid intermodal, other days solid manifest, and other days, most days a mix. In any case it was usually long.

I'd lean away from PTPCX though as unless this was towards the very end of that train it was usually over-powered and small - every engineer in this pool hoped they'd catch it or it's brother, the LAPCX, because you were almost guaranteed a fast trip. I'm trying to remember but the last month or so they ran that train it seems they did start loading it down with everything. 

I don't remember what year the ZSELC started, although I'm almost positive it was after the "merger" since have the train class (Z) in front was a UP thing mostly.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 11/09/18 17:22 by Railbaron.

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0489 seconds