Home Open Account Help 324 users online

Nostalgia & History > Chessie Steam Special With a Well-Remembered TO.Com Contributor

Date: 02/13/20 10:00
Chessie Steam Special With a Well-Remembered TO.Com Contributor
Author: aehouse

The westbound Chessie Steam Special is climbing Sand Patch Grade on the B&O mainline just west of Fairhope, Pa., in the summer of 1977. 

One of the two fans shown in the distance was the late Ed Kaspriske, long-time and prolific Trainorders.com contributor "CP Laurel Run."

Art House

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 02/13/20 10:01 by aehouse.

Date: 02/13/20 11:46
Re: Chessie Steam Special With a Well-Remembered TO.Com Contribut
Author: refarkas

Great dramatic image.
Bob

Date: 02/13/20 11:50
Author: bigsavage

I'm glad that I introduced myself to Ed when we were both on a R&N RDC excursion in 2017.
He seemed genuinely amazed at his "fame" on TO.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 02/13/20 13:21 by bigsavage.

Date: 02/13/20 12:57
Author: aehouse

I never met Ed, but long ago posted a color photo taken a few seconds later.  He saw it and identified himself as being one of the guys down the line, and that began a friendly email exchange on all manner of railroad topics.

Art House

Date: 02/13/20 13:51
Author: ClubCar

Ed rode a number of excursions and he was a devoted photographer and he shared many of his photos here on Trainorders.  He was a terrific person to know and his photo contributions that he posted are missed for sure.
John in White Marsh, Maryland

Date: 02/13/20 14:46
Author: rev66vette

Ed was character......and it was alwys great to run into him.....he was an expert on train horns too, and posted many horn viedos under the name of " oh well" productions. 

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 02/23/20 15:42 by rev66vette.

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0375 seconds