Home Open Account Help 352 users online

Canadian Railroads > Montreal's skyline as the backdrop

Date: 03/01/15 16:29
Montreal's skyline as the backdrop
Author: Mberry

Here are three shots taken from an overpass at the eastern end of Southwark yard in St-Lambert, Qc, on the other side of the St-Lawrence river from downtown Montreal yesterday morning. The one constant in these three photos is the rail train (CN 905) stopped at right with CN 5366 in the lead. This train had major issues and spent at least two days in the yard. It finally went down the Rouses Point sub with the lead unit removed. I was there yesterday hoping to see it leave, but that was not to be.

The first photo shows VIA 15 from Halifax (The Ocean) passing through Southwark Yard on its way to Montreal's Central Station. Bringing up the rear of VIA 15 is an unidentified Park car.

The second photo shows CN 310 with CN 8830 at the head end passing the stopped rail train. CN 310 will drop off 76 cars here before continuing towards Joffre yard.

The third photo show CN 4803 and a GP40-2LW working in Southwark yard. In the distance under the signal bridge is part of CN 310's train.

Michael Berry

Date: 03/01/15 18:36
Re: Montreal's skyline as the backdrop
Author: pummer

Can't beat a good skyline shot!

Date: 03/01/15 18:54
Author: Train611

Excellent composition and photography!

Date: 03/01/15 19:46
Author: gaspeamtrak

Again, nice pictures! Keep them coming! Thank you...

Date: 03/02/15 22:22
Author: NH2006

That was great, merci!

Date: 03/03/15 09:49
Author: rschonfelder

Related to your presentation as far as backdrops go, I always get a kick out of seeing CN moving a train over one of the bridges during the Canadian Grand Prix. I would like to issue you a request for a photo if you happen to be going to your race. First one of the season starts here in Melbourne, weekend after this one. Hopefully you guys get rid of all of that white stuff when yours rolls around.

Rick

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.079 seconds