Home Open Account Help 225 users online

Canadian Railroads > MLW Mondays-Some R/W/B/ BC RAIL

Date: 05/29/17 13:50
MLW Mondays-Some R/W/B/ BC RAIL
Author: arwye

Here's four running elephant style at Gibbs on October 11, 1989. From the front, locos 710-707-723-738 heading up their southbound freight. Richard Yaremko

Date: 05/29/17 14:27
Re: MLW Mondays-Some R/W/B/ BC RAIL
Author: kgmontreal

Sweet.

KG

Date: 05/29/17 14:56
Author: Helo-Mech

Nice photo and good catch Richard, all the power up front in SoCred paint. I can see why the Two Tone Green is preferred though, the RWB really looks better when it's clean. The filth on the underframe blends in much better when it's black. The way the blue comes up into the white at the lower radiator screens isn't as clean a look either. I prefer the hockey stick scheme to this one on the 630s.

Mike N.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 05/29/17 22:28 by Helo-Mech.

Date: 05/30/17 08:44
Author: eminence_grise

Grace McCarthy, the BC politician who had all Provincially owned locomotives, buses and ferries painted red,white and blue for Expo 86, passed away this week at age 89. She retired from political life a decade ago, and kept busy with charity work until recently.

In her prime, she was a tall woman with brilliant red hair. She entered politics in the 1970's when provincial politics was very much an "old boys club". She was like a thin Margeret Thatcher in that she was fearless and intrepid in her quest for political power, and a powerful speaker.

She fell out of favour with the BC electorate for altering the boundaries of "ridings" (electorate districts) to favour wealthier voters. By law, they are supposed to represent a given number of electors. A long thin corridor reaching through a working class neighbourhood in Vancouver was dubbed "Gracies Finger"

The red,white and blue are the colours of the British union flag, which makes up part of the BC flag.

I'm told the orange with a green stripe PGE paint scheme of the 1950's was also the colours of the defunct Social Credit party of BC.

Date: 05/30/17 18:00
Author: bobk

Very nice!

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0394 seconds