Home Open Account Help 366 users online

Eastern Railroad Discussion > Favorite excuse to go train watching?

Pages:  [ 1 ][ 2 ] [ Next ]
Current Page:1 of 2

Date: 03/11/01 20:46
Favorite excuse to go train watching?
Author: stuart

there are many reasons to go watch trains...think we should list our best excuse lines here

so what are the best lines
my wife likes to go if there something nice to do besides train watch ...or sun tan
so i do not need an excuse
but what are yours

Date: 03/11/01 21:10
RE: Favorite excuse to go train watching?
Author: cnotp

"It's sunny outside."

Jeff

Date: 03/12/01 02:33
Author: rrnut_99

"There's a train coming"

L.G.

Date: 03/12/01 04:07
Author: dharris

"It's daylight".

Date: 03/12/01 04:56
Author: eashock

"I got an e-mail saying that a rare version of a GP40 is gonna be coming... Who cares if it doesn't get here for another 6 hours at least! I gotta get down there so I can catch him!"

"I'm in the area... might as well take a slight detour to see how the interlocking signals are lined up!"

"The alternative is actually doing WORK around my apartment."

"I need to finish off this roll of film." (the camera displays a minimum of 20 shots left on a roll of 24)

-Eric Shock

Date: 03/12/01 05:46
Author: rpc21

"Hey, I just got an email from someone saying that this rare train is coming through.....and it's a once in a lifetime opportunity to catch it......and it's going to be here soon...and....and....and....and...."

If you keep it up long enough, your wife/girlfriend will throw you out of the house just to shut you up!

rpc21

Date: 03/12/01 05:55
Author: roadrat

At least some of us eat better chasing trains... At every location, I want to know where the closest sub shop is at..Its better than downing a bag of greasy chips at home....Roadrat

Date: 03/12/01 06:14
Author: railtrekker

Sorry I don't need an excuse. It's just "I'll be right back" for a quick trip into town, or "Get your cross-stitching and a book" If it's for a few hours and she want to go. She usually does. If she doesn't I still will take my four year old daughter with me.

Date: 03/12/01 07:04
Author: friscogary

I didn't know that you needed to go out to see trains. I thought that you just looked out your back window to railfan!

Date: 03/12/01 07:17
Author: xCBLr

"You may think those black C40-8's are common as dirt now, but you'll be cryin' in a few years when they're gone..."

Date: 03/12/01 08:11
excuses?
Author: kenw

Sell one picture and she'll be asking you when you're going out to get some more shots......not that I'm there yet, but I know how she thinks.

Date: 03/12/01 08:22
A better angle...
Author: Tom

Having a 3 yr. old son always helps. It usually boils down to " Honey, it's for our son, not me!" Works about every single time. Also works like a charm for going to check out the toys and hobby shops! Yep, LOTS of advantages to fatherhood and the best part is that my son does indeed love watching trains.

Date: 03/12/01 10:34
Author: rob_e

"Honey, I don't wanna stand here and lie to ya so, Bye"

Date: 03/12/01 11:47
Author: Ster2Block

"Cuz I love em'"

Date: 03/12/01 12:00
Author: itstrue911

i just heard a few coming on the scanner or theres a good one back in rochester or erie,pa. also an excuse i use is that its nice out and i heard of some up wings comin' this way.

dave in buffalo

Date: 03/12/01 13:42
Author: IU_Tower

I've got this new lens, filter, film, etc...and it's buring a hole in my camera!!! I've got several of them that I use regularly!!

Date: 03/12/01 15:29
Author: CSXcond

"Railroad for _ _ ________, need you on a Q/U/N/S/A 123 on duty at............

Date: 03/12/01 16:42
Is and Was...
Author: diddle_e._squat

Is, same as CSX cond. Was, "A man's gotta hunt." Or anything along the lines of hunter/gatherer instincts.

Date: 03/12/01 17:33
RE: Its Tuesday
Author: holiwood

Its Tuesday, I always railfan on Tuesday. Then I go to the model train club.
If its not Tuesday, I want to watch trains and I'm going.

Holiwood

Date: 03/12/01 18:59
Author: AC4400CW

HERE'S $30...GO PLAY BINGO...SEE YA TONIGHT...

Pages:  [ 1 ][ 2 ] [ Next ]
Current Page:1 of 2

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0653 seconds