Home Open Account Help 353 users online

Eastern Railroad Discussion > Baltimore this past January (MD)

Date: 02/24/14 07:31
Baltimore this past January (MD)
Author: erielackawanna

Very slowly processing and getting through pics from an NJ/MD trip last month - thought I'd share some of the Baltimore stuff.

First two shots are of light rail trains near the hotel I stayed at. That big silver Hilton in the first shot wasn't built last time I was in Baltimore so I thought the hotel I picked would have a view of the stadium and tracks. I was wrong as the Hilton blocked it all.

Third shot is the GP40 at the B&O Museum. In what I think have been five trips to the museum in my life this was my first time on a sunny day.

Date: 02/24/14 07:33
Re: Baltimore this past January (MD)

Next shot was in the back yard of the museum. Snow was melting off the canopy above and wind was blowing very heavy, causing the melted snow to rain down quite heavy, but in a single sheet. Not sure I quite captured it in the shot, but it was very interesting to see.

Next two shots are back out front, the SD35 and the BLA 70t.

Date: 02/24/14 07:34

Some more rosters (heck the light was good) from the B&O Museum. The FM, a Canton Baldwin, and a WM RS3.

Date: 02/24/14 08:32
Author: boejoe

I could be wrong, but the black/yellow Baldwin looks more like former Bethlehem Steel (Patapsco & Back Rivers) ownership from the Sparrows Point plant.

Date: 02/24/14 10:18
Author: GPutz

Very nice, thanks for posting. The building behind the LRV in the first image is the B&O's Camden station, built in the 1850's. Gerry

Date: 02/24/14 11:03
Author: jmbreitigan

I like the snow melt coming off the roof in your 4th picture.
John

Date: 02/24/14 12:49
Author: ns1000

GOOD stuff...!!! Thanks for sharing.

Date: 02/24/14 15:46
Author: ClubCar

Did you also notice all the rusting passenger cars too? The management of the museum will NOT paint any of their genuine B&O passenger cars. They would rather keep painting all of their MARC Commuter ex-Pennsylvania R.R. cars into B&O colors and let the real cars rust away.

Date: 02/24/14 16:56
Author: nancyg

Next time we get in the area we will stop at the museum. Thank
you for the heads up.

Nancy

Date: 02/24/14 17:07
Author: DubyaM

That Baldwin was once parked over in Canton, probably o/s, back in the 80's. I think it was once a P&BR engine.

Date: 02/24/14 17:19

A Google search shows that the Baldwin started life on the Canton, then went to work for the Patapsco and Back Rivers Railroad, and then finished life back on the Canton Railroad. #32 was its final Canton RR number.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 02/24/14 17:24 by erielackawanna.

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0494 seconds