Home Open Account Help 245 users online

Eastern Railroad Discussion > New Drone being put to use! September 1, 2015

Date: 09/01/15 14:18
New Drone being put to use! September 1, 2015
Author: Railfan94

My buddy and are beginning to endeavor more into the Drone Photography and Videography field. Today, we put them to good use in and around Fredericksburg. We started with a few shots on the Rappahannock River, and then moved into the Bowman Center, were we shot D793-01 making some moves. Some of the photographs are shot with a DJI Phantom 1 and GoPro, and all others are a DJI Phantom 2 with Vision. 
1: As previously Stated, we started over the river, and seen here is Amtrak P084-01, notably on it's first day of new schedule changes (originating in Norfolk rather than Richmond) with Locomotive #22 doing the honors. 
2: Fisheye makes it very apparent which camera this is. Q416 rolls north after I lost my bearings for a minute and starting going away from me (towards the bridge) rather than back at me!
3: Now, we move over to the Bowman Center, were D793 is working with a GP40-2 and GP38-2 today, moving freight around. 

Date: 09/01/15 14:33
Re: New Drone being put to use! September 1, 2015
Author: Railfan94

4: A little different view in the Center, you can see that someone (white Pickup) didn't have any paitence and couldn't wait until the train was fully off the crossing to go across. 
5: P094 was slated to have 189, the Big Game Train leading, but apparently had issues, so is seen here with 133 leading, and 189 DIT
6: Last up, Video of D793 working the center. No Audio since I didn't know at the time there was no audio(my buddys drone), but the video is silky smooth!
Hope Everyone Enjoys!!!

You must be a registered subscriber to watch videos. Join Today!

Date: 09/01/15 16:56
Author: rev66vette

Very nice!

Date: 09/01/15 18:37
Author: Benched_it

I want a drone so bad, I think it gives a whole new angle to both video and photography.
Very nice work, I enjoyed it! 

Jay

Date: 09/02/15 12:09
Author: ns1000

Cool stuff....!! Thanks.....

Date: 09/05/15 10:29
Author: rustyr0824

Awsome. Where is the Bowman Center located. I tried to google it but could not find it. And is there a general schedule for the local or is it whenever.  Also do you take requests? I wonder with the new Crossroads station going in and the work being done along the line if you could get some drone shots east of Cobblestone Court, south of the Fredericksburg Station and the Fredericksburg switches.  Would be interesting to see the current progress there. 
Thanks for allowing us that can't make it out there the chance to see what's going on, especially via new drone technology.  I wonder in this post 911 area if you ever get harassed by the local law, do they threaten to take your drone or from the FAA or anybody in authority.  Especially with being close to the local smaller airports.

Thanks
Rusty

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0663 seconds