Home Open Account Help 294 users online

Eastern Railroad Discussion > Truck / Train collision in Lakeland Florida last night

Date: 12/13/17 09:20
Truck / Train collision in Lakeland Florida last night
Author: calsubd

Date: 12/13/17 11:47
Re: Truck / Train collision in Lakeland Florida last night
Author: Viewliner2_Supporter

Looks like the train in question is Q177

Posted from iPhone

Date: 12/14/17 05:21
Author: cutboy2

Having  never  driven  a  truck.. do they stall  easily??  Is it  a  shifting  problem?  Lousy old  truck? Bad  driving  skills?  I  think if  I drove  a truck I would  be  sure all in  working order near  railroad crossings. Like  clearances etc.

Date: 12/14/17 08:57
Author: emd_mrs1

Another report indicated that the trailer became disconnected from the tractor at the crossing and the driver was trying to reconnect and move it.

This could be a defective fifth wheel on the tractor, a defective kingpin on the trailer or a vandal could have pulled the trailer release lever while the truck was stopped (Drivers should do a 'pull test' with the trailer brakes on before leaving a parking lot to insure the trailer was not released by vandals while parked). It is possible the shock from a rough crossing could have disengaged the trailer too.

Michael

Date: 12/14/17 11:54
Author: Lackawanna484

Florida has a lot of "hump back" railroad crossings. Some are four to six feet above the highway level.

Trailers can hang up, I suppose the hitch could come undone under the right circumstances.

Posted from Android

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0276 seconds