Home Open Account Help 324 users online

Eastern Railroad Discussion > Couple of ex.Southern units still serving

Date: 11/15/20 18:00
Couple of ex.Southern units still serving
Author: srman

Caught two former Southern units that have changed a lot over the years but still serving their owners. I was in Georgetown In. this afternoon which is at the top of Duncan Hill where westbound trains are often pushed up the 2.8% grade. Now these days that job is deligated to wide cab GE's or EMD's. However today I noticed one of those helpers was an old standard cab EMD that was built for the Southern
back in September 1973. Now although these days its lost its bell on the long end and its short hood on the other I went after it as it made its way back down the hill to Louisville trying to remember it as it was before. I couldn't change the paint. First image as the power runs light east back to Louisville down the hill and finally as it passes under the signal at Tatem in New Albany In. Last image was over in Louisville at Nugent Sand where Corman power was laying over to haul the next sand train. Out front was November 1969 built ex. Southern GP38 2771 now R.J. Corman 3806. Another bell and short hood removed and of course a different paint scheme but deep in both of the two roots where former Southern Railway units. Thanks for looking.     

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0384 seconds