Home Open Account Help 234 users online

Eastern Railroad Discussion > Regarding inbev.


Date: 01/26/23 01:51
Regarding inbev.
Author: yes

Inbev just bought 240 new insulated cars to haul out of st.louis and partnership with kohls dist. I wonder which will last longer the contract r the new cars without grifetta.

Posted from Android



Date: 01/26/23 03:57
Re: Regarding inbev.
Author: alco244

inbev, you mean Budweiser?, hell, deliver by Clydesdale's pulling a wagon, it can age in transit, and still be delivered before UP can!!



Date: 01/26/23 07:16
Re: Regarding inbev.
Author: BobE

alco244 Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> inbev, you mean Budweiser?, 



Inbev is the Brazilian parent of Anheuser-Busch.

BobE



Date: 01/26/23 08:26
Re: Regarding inbev.
Author: wyeth

BNSF just announced an enhanced partnership with Coors Beer (ie Molsons) out of Golden CO.

Interesting that with the major decline in rail service, the beer companies are starting to move back to rail shipments.  I suppose inflation, high fuel pricing to truck, and having a harder time in raising beer prices to the consumer might be making them desperate to cut costs.  This and the closing of plants and consolidations with other plants (ie breweries) is increasing their transportation needs.



Date: 01/26/23 09:08
Re: Regarding inbev.
Author: alco244

in my pre railroad employment days, i drove tractor trailers, including beer, cheap garbage freight, if you could not find a better load elsewhere, forever waiting to load or unload, low paying still 25 years later.



Date: 01/26/23 11:05
Re: Regarding inbev.
Author: rbx551985

yes Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Inbev just bought 240 new insulated cars to haul
> out of st.louis and partnership with kohls dist. I
> wonder which will last longer the contract r the
> new cars without grifetta.
>
> Posted from Android

Are these NEW cars or previously owned by another company?  (Photos, anyone?)  'Great to hear this new business is using RAIL.  That seems to be rare these days for such a customer.



Date: 01/26/23 12:19
Re: Regarding inbev.
Author: howeld

wyeth Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> BNSF just announced an enhanced partnership with
> Coors Beer (ie Molsons) out of Golden CO.
>
> Interesting that with the major decline in rail
> service, the beer companies are starting to move
> back to rail shipments.  I suppose inflation,
> high fuel pricing to truck, and having a harder
> time in raising beer prices to the consumer might
> be making them desperate to cut costs.  This and
> the closing of plants and consolidations with
> other plants (ie breweries) is increasing their
> transportation needs.


I would agree but also add that extra competition from micro breweries has grown considerably. Can’t throw a stone without hitting a new brewery. The big nationwide breweries have to be feeling the pinch.



Date: 01/26/23 13:34
Re: Regarding inbev.
Author: wabash2800

And it's kind of an interesting when you consider the many, many small breweries that existed in this country many years ago.  I remember in college they did say that retail and manufacturing often reinvent themselves.

​Victor Baird


howeld Wrote:
-
> I would agree but also add that extra competition
> from micro breweries has grown considerably.
> Can’t throw a stone without hitting a new
> brewery. The big nationwide breweries have to
> be feeling the pinch.



Date: 01/26/23 13:57
Re: Regarding inbev.
Author: Lackawanna484

The big breweries have been buying successful craft breweries for years. If you can't beat them, buy them.  Goose Island saw the $$$ from inbev, and took them.

Ommegang, New Belgium, Stone Brewing, Redhook, Widmer, and many many others



Date: 01/26/23 15:05
Re: Regarding inbev.
Author: BCHellman

BobE Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> alco244 Wrote:
> --------------------------------------------------
> -----
> > inbev, you mean Budweiser?, 
>
>
>
> Inbev is the Brazilian parent of Anheuser-Busch.
>
> BobE

InBev is headquartered in Anderlecht, Belgium. InBev is the result of the merger of Brazilian Ambev and Belgian Interbrew



Date: 01/26/23 15:09
Re: Regarding inbev.
Author: Lackawanna484

what the hell do Belgians know about brewing beer?

[/s]



Date: 01/26/23 21:23
Re: Regarding inbev.
Author: Quakerengr

Wednesday  this week a UP local in Eastern Wisconsin, specifically the Fort Atkinson/Jefferson Jct line due west of Milwaukee, WI pulled approximately 42 stored White  Refrigerated type cars that had been in storage on this dead end branch line.  Unknown if these are part of this new venture.

PWM



Date: 01/26/23 22:47
Re: Regarding inbev.
Author: coach

yes Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Inbev just bought 240 new insulated cars to haul
> out of st.louis and partnership with kohls dist. I
> wonder which will last longer the contract r the
> new cars without grifetta.
>
> Posted from Android

Where did you read about this news?  Are the cars brand new, or used?  Reefers, or insulated boxcars?



Date: 01/27/23 11:50
Re: Regarding inbev.
Author: BobE

Lackawanna484 Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> what the hell do Belgians know about brewing
> beer?
>



Not much apparently.

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2019/jun/17/belgian-monks-launch-website-sell-worlds-best-beer-saint-sixtus-abbey

BobE




 



Date: 01/29/23 05:35
Re: Regarding inbev.
Author: engineerinvirginia

Belgian beers are....well Belgian beers give craft beer it's raison d'etre.....do something different....Lambics for example....very tasty. 



Date: 01/29/23 06:59
Re: Regarding inbev.
Author: Lackawanna484

engineerinvirginia Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Belgian beers are....well Belgian beers give craft
> beer it's raison d'etre.....do something
> different....Lambics for example....very tasty. J

Even everyday Belgian beers like Leffe or Palm are many steps above everyday US mass beers

Posted from Android



[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0673 seconds