Home Open Account Help 311 users online

Eastern Railroad Discussion > Abandoned Rails: The SAL Norlina Subdivision

Date: 07/08/04 17:44
Abandoned Rails: The SAL Norlina Subdivision
Author: varailfan

Good Evening,
I have completed the second installment of the ongoing "Abandoned Rails" project on the Rails in Virginia website. Thanks to some generous contributors, I am able to present the Seboard Air Line's "S-Line" from Petersburg, VA to Norlina, NC. Later this year I will be making several trips to further document what remains of the areas the S-Line once occupied.
Many of you will recall that this is the route that is to be reborn for the highly publicized Southeast High Speed Rail Project. Only time will tell. If anyone has photos or information to contribute, please don't hesitate to contact me.

http://members.trainorders.com/varailfan/abandoned/seaboard.html

Jeff Hawkins - Richmond, VA

Date: 07/09/04 04:29
Re: Abandoned Rails: The SAL Norlina Subdivision
Author: Phil

Thank you Jeff for sharing some interesting SAL history. Seeing this reminds me of CSX's abandonment of portions the B&O's main line to Cincinnati in West Virginia and Ohio. That was another mistake by CSX. Hopefully the Southeast high speed rail service will be a rebirth of the S line. Looks like the VGN is gone too.

Phil

Date: 07/09/04 14:20
Author: KevinD

Nice stuff. Keep it coming.

Date: 07/10/04 06:19
Author: SRSD45

Good work Jeff. I can't wait to see the photos of the deep cut in Bracey and other points south. Earl

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0382 seconds