Home Open Account Help 326 users online

Eastern Railroad Discussion > CSX P911 In Chicago - ETA?

Date: 08/04/04 23:13
CSX P911 In Chicago - ETA?
Author: MILW261s3

Is their an ETA into Chicago (or Dolton) where ever it is going to? And is it going to leave and go back south the same day?

-Thanks in advance,

Kevin

Date: 08/05/04 04:59
Re: CSX P911 In Chicago - ETA?
Author: EL-SD45-3632

P911 by Hoytville 7:28, I paced the train at 71 mph. between N. Baltimore and Hoytville. The train has 40 axles.

Date: 08/05/04 06:30
P913
Author: Lakevue

Wonder how the ride was between E and W Deshler. Just like being at Cedar Point? :-) Hamler too?

Date: 08/05/04 06:33
Re: P913
Author: toledopatch

Its symbol today out of Willard was supposed to be P913. What ID is it actually using?

It's supposed to tie up in Danville, IL at about 1800. Symbol may change again at recrew point(s) -- it switched from P911 to P912 at New Castle, PA yesterday, so I wouldn't be surprised if it becomes P914 sometime today (Chicago-Danville?).

Where was the Ohio Highway Patrol during your 71 mph chase?

Date: 08/05/04 06:47
Author: fdfrisch

P913 05 by Auburn, Indiana at 0830 RR time.

I couldn't tell from the scanner talk if they were stopping in Garrett.

FDFrisch

Date: 08/05/04 06:54

toledopatch Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Its symbol today out of Willard was supposed to be
> P913. What ID is it actually using over the
> radio?
>
> It's supposed to tie up in Danville, IL this
> evening. Symbol may change again at recrew points
> (it switched from P911 to P912 at New Castle, PA
> yesterday).

Patch is correct, Symobl is P913. Wow one hour between Hoytville and Auburn In. Hope they had some kind of water sprayer following the P913 to put out the burning rails..!

They are usually eating donuts at that hour so Rt. 18 is safe. I get passed quite often when I'am going 65 along there.

Date: 08/05/04 06:56

20thCENTURYLIMITED Wrote:
Wow one hour between Hoytville and Auburn In. Hope they had
> some kind of water sprayer following the P913 to
> put out the burning rails..!

And did you leave burned-rubber marks on Route 18 while you chased from N Baltimore to Hoytville? <g>

Date: 08/05/04 07:00

toledopatch Wrote:
> 20thCENTURYLIMITED Wrote:
> --------------------------------------------------
> -----
> Wow one hour between Hoytville and Auburn In. Hope
> they had
> > some kind of water sprayer following the P913
> to
> > put out the burning rails..!
>
> And did you leave burned-rubber marks on Route 18
> while you chased from N Baltimore to Hoytville?
> <g>
>
>

Patch, see my edited post above. Ya! the smoke helps to kill some of those bugs!

Date: 08/05/04 08:02
Speed
Author: Lakevue

Considering that the Ohio Highway Patrol Post (87) is responsible for that area is in the opposite corner of Wood Co., they don't get down that way too often. You're more likely to get nabbed by a Wood Co. deputy. You've really got to be haulin' to get a ticket from them. Heck I had one that just flashed his head lights at me and shook his finger at me as I went by him. BTW running a few more MPH that 20th. They tend to watch the speed zones in the smaller towns like Bloomdale, Bairdstown, Hoytville, Weston and Grand Rapids. I have yet to hear of a railfan getting a ticket in Wood Co. Even in Henry Co. you've got to be about 15 over or better to get one. I got one for 17 over a few years ago, just a warning for 13 over a year later from the same deputy. Bartlow Twp./Deshler cops will write for 10 over. Henry Co is covered out of the Defiance Post of the Ohio Highway Patrol also a good distance from SE Henry Co.

Just my experiences. Don't blame me though, if you get caught speeding. Especially while chasing a train. ;-)

Date: 08/05/04 09:17
Re: Speed
Author: CSX_CO

Talking to a friend who was at Barr Yard, they said the train got there around 1100 this morning. They were going to wye it at Harvey, and send the train south through Dolton in short order. Not sure if the train is still occupied, or if the passengers were going to fly back home.

Look for it on the C&EI this afternoon.

Practice Safe CSX

Date: 08/05/04 14:31
Whos on it?
Author: mully

Anyone know who is on this train and where the final destination is, also any info on return would be great

Gary

Date: 08/05/04 17:47
Re: Whos on it?
Author: CSXhogger

Just checked the OCS train line....looks like the train is due in evansville IN around midnite and into Nashville around Daybreak....shows going to Chattanooga....subject to change though.....more up dates coming

Date: 08/05/04 17:53
Author: farmer

Train did slow down to 15 mph at Hamler SR 109 due false activation. The contractors installing the storm sewers broke gate off of the North side. Yes we did here abut some rough track.

Date: 08/06/04 08:55
Re: Whos on it?

Since the train now appears to be running without nighttime layovers, I suspect the dignitaries aboard for the run across the former B&O main line detrained in Chicago. Tony Ingram and perhaps even Michael Ward were reported to have been on board.

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0828 seconds