Home Open Account Help 206 users online

Model Railroading > RBBX decals in HO scale

Date: 11/26/05 14:15
RBBX decals in HO scale
Author: FEC2000

Anyone know where I can find Ringling Brothers modern day decals in HO scale? There was a guy who ran GMCRail decals who made them up, but will no longer print them. Or if anyone know of a set he made up and is not going to use them please let me know. Thanks in advance!

Jeff
fec701@yahoo.com

Date: 11/27/05 10:45
Re: RBBX decals in HO scale
Author: rbx551985

FEC2000 Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Anyone know where I can find Ringling Brothers
> modern day decals in HO scale? There was a guy
> who ran GMCRail decals who made them up, but will
> no longer print them. Or if anyone know of a set
> he made up and is not going to use them please let
> me know. Thanks in advance!
>
> Jeff
> fec701@ya&#
> 104;oo.com

I'd echo this inquiry; I wanted to acquire a set myself, but didn't have the financing to get one -- and it was less than $50 for the entire set -- more than 50 cars of decals! GMCRail decals did them right, too! Even a few people with RBBB acquired sets, so I'm told, and were quite impressed.....

Date: 11/28/05 10:30
Author: dcorreia

I created my own before GMCRail using pictures of the wagons for the globes and lettering for the wagons. For the banners I created the lettering using Corel Draw. I then printed the decals on white and clear ink jet decal paper.

Date: 11/28/05 13:46
Author: rbx551985

dcorreia Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> I created my own before GMCRail using pictures of
> the wagons for the globes and lettering for the
> wagons. For the banners I created the lettering
> using Corel Draw. I then printed the decals on
> white and clear ink jet decal paper.

Would you care to post some images of your work with those decals? We'd all like to see! BTW, does anyone know how to create SCALE MODEL versions of the REFLECTORIZED Ringling Bros. logos that are now being applied to their prototype equipment? (3M Co. makes these, and BOY are they bright when shot with flash-cameras at night...!)

Date: 11/29/05 10:23
Author: dcorreia

Sure. I just need to dig out the pictures from my home computer. As for reflective globes, I don't think anybody makes reflective decal paper, especially in white!

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0436 seconds