Home Open Account Help 171 users online

Model Railroading > G scale question

Date: 04/14/15 12:57
G scale question
Author: CPRR

A friend is building a G scale layout. He is buying a 2-10-2 locomotive. Any one know the minimum radius that is can run on, or point me towards a chart on the web that helps out in planning a G scale layout?

Date: 04/14/15 13:08
Re: G scale question
Author: pilotblue

If you know the manufacturer, go to their website, find the description or write-up of the product. You may luck out. Good Luck!

Date: 04/14/15 13:42
Author: warrenpweiss

No matter what scale, even 1:1, it is best to use the largest radii that you can.  I'm guessing that the 2-10-2 is from Accucraft.  If so, 10 ft. minimum radius is suggested.

Warren

Date: 04/15/15 05:35
Author: 03wrxguy

warrenpweiss Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> No matter what scale, even 1:1, it is best to use
> the largest radii that you can.  I'm guessing
> that the 2-10-2 is from Accucraft.  If so, 10 ft.
> minimum radius is suggested.
>
> Warren

This method is by far the best to go after.  Use the biggest radius you can afford to put into the space you are using.  Not only will it solve these " will it work " questions quite easily, your trains will also look better going around them as well as less overall wear in the long run from tight turns.  I went with the biggest Aristocraft curve tracks i could go with and am pleased with that decision every day.  I can run everything on that track from a big boy to a NW2 and my long stack train looks great going around it.

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0677 seconds