Home Open Account Help 360 users online

Model Railroading > ? to zinc pest frames on P2K, GP 38-2 models

Date: 02/06/19 05:02
? to zinc pest frames on P2K, GP 38-2 models
Author: brv200

Hi all,

once again, one of my Proto 2000 GP 38-2 models catched my eye due to a obviously bent frame. Removing the shell revealed a broken frame right next beneath the cab and the following long hood.
This is nothing uncommon and most modelers know about it.

My question for you is: Does anybody out there know where to get a replacement frame. As far as I my research resulted in, Walthers (as a kind of successor) cannot provide any, they are sold out.
Is there someone else who may produce of offer such replacement frames? Any hints would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance
Franz

Date: 02/06/19 07:25
Re: ? to zinc pest frames on P2K, GP 38-2 models
Author: grahamline

Just a little bit of modification will let the shell slip over an Atlas GP38/40 mechanism.

Date: 02/06/19 18:34
Author: funnelfan

Remember; No More Than 4!

Gotta tell those crews no more hard couplings, it's too hard on the locomotive frames!

Ted Curphey
Ontario, OR

Date: 02/06/19 19:39
Author: Jimmies

Hi Franz...I read your post about your GP38-2 frame.  Several years ago, I messed up the shell of a Proto 2000 GP38-2.  The shell is long gone, but I've kept the rest of it - frame, motor, trucks, everything, in the original box in my cupboard.  I have absolutely no use or plans for it at all.  If that would help you out, I'm sure we could come to an agreement on price, if you would re-imburse me for shipping cost as well.  I'm not an ebay guy or a dealer, so I'm not looking to make extra money by padding the shipping cost..  The one potential problem is that I'm in Canada and I'm guessing that you are not, so intgernational shipping might be a bit more.

Let me know if you're interested.  This engine is not going anywhere else anyway.

Jim Sloan

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.031 seconds