Home Open Account Help 202 users online

Model Railroading > Catching up - sort of!

Date: 05/24/20 21:18
Catching up - sort of!
Author: atsf121

I have been very fortunate the past few months to have kept my job, and I’ve been working from home for almost 14 years so no big adjustment there. But work has been insanely busy, just had another Covid related change this past week, and I’m the tech support guy for my kids when we have 4 of 6 doing some type of video session at the same time. So my latest ScaleTrains purchases have just sat in the boxes they came in until tonight. I am amazed to see how far modeling has come between the details and the dcc sound & lighting. My new River Counter Tunnel Motor blows my old blue boxes out of the water. Haven’t had a chance to compare the Dash 9 to my old Athearn’s yet, but would imagine there are improvements there as well even though it is an Operator version. My two oldest boys had fun watching the Tunnel Motor roll back and forth, hopefully we can get it in the layout later this week.

Next up, track work! Gotta make sure the trains can loop around the room so the kids and I can run some trains, we haven’t done that in quite a while.

Nathan

1 - new ScaleTrains coil car.  I was impressed when I saw the 'wood' lining at the National Train Show in Salt Lake last year.  So I had to grab one, the NS just barely fits the 1995 era for my layout. (ps - those little yellow 'hood guides' showed how out of practice I was at assembling models!)
2 - The Dash 9 isn't too shabby either
3 - the awesome, spectacular, etc etc Tunnel Motor.  This thing is a beast and sounds as good as it looks!  Plus lights galore.  Think my boys were waiting for me to crash it tonight

Edited 4 time(s). Last edit at 05/25/20 06:12 by atsf121.

You must be a registered subscriber to watch videos. Join Today!

Date: 05/24/20 21:32
Re: Catching up - sort of!

And I finally got around to building the 'convention' car from the Salt Lake NMRA convention last year.  Had a blast attending, and while the car doesn't fit my layout at all, it will show up from time to time as a reminder of how much fun I had, and that I got to take my one son to part of it including the National Train Show.  Once in a lifetime experience to be sure.

Date: 05/25/20 07:53
Author: philhoov

I have two of the ScaleTrains SP tunnel motors and they're my favorites.
Phil

Date: 05/25/20 14:16
Author: PasadenaSub

Great stuff, Nathan!  I didn't realize ScaleTrains did the SD40T-2 in SP Speed lettering.

Rich

Date: 05/27/20 15:50
Author: Matt_Gidley

The Scaletrains Tunnel Motors are amazing.  Who made the Dash 9? 

Date: 05/28/20 14:25

Matt_Gidley Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> The Scaletrains Tunnel Motors are amazing.  Who
> made the Dash 9? 

Hi Matt, the Dash 9 is also ScaleTrains, it is the Operator version which is still very nice.

Nathan

Posted from iPhone

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0643 seconds