Home Open Account Help 262 users online

Model Railroading > Lighting Walthers Baggage Car

Date: 04/17/21 13:13
Lighting Walthers Baggage Car
Author: YardLimit

I assume that there is a specific light kit for a Walthers Santa Fe Super Chief baggage car but I can't find one.  The regular one for passenger cars is too long.  Any  suggestions?

Date: 04/19/21 08:41
Re: Lighting Walthers Baggage Car
Author: TomG

Its a baggage car, you can pretty much use anything accept a normal light bulb. No interior per say and lots of room. Just do a search for passenger car lighting and youll get lots of hits. Here is a quick one.HO Scale Easy Peasy Lighting | Rapido Trains Inc.
Soundtraxx makes them and other choices are there. You just need to decide if you want it DCC, magnetic wand on/off and such.

Date: 04/20/21 09:35
Author: steam290

I just looked up the easy peasy lighting.  It looks great.  If you get track powered lighting, does it come with a kit to hook it up to your passenger car's wheels?  If it is the batter powered version, how do you turn it on and off?  Where is the switch?  Do you just drill a hole in the under side to attach it?  

TomG Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Its a baggage car, you can pretty much use
> anything accept a normal light bulb. No interior
> per say and lots of room. Just do a search for
> passenger car lighting and youll get lots of hits.
> Here is a quick one.HO Scale Easy Peasy Lighting |
> Rapido Trains Inc.
> Soundtraxx makes them and other choices are there.
> You just need to decide if you want it DCC,
> magnetic wand on/off and such.

Date: 04/20/21 11:36
Author: TomG

If you use the battery powered unit, all you have to do is mount it to the roof of the car. They use a magnetic reed switch. All you do is wave a magnetic wand over the roof of the car and it turns it on or off.
The magnetic wand comes with the easy peasy. Here is a video of the ski train cars that shows how the wand is used.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NkKyxh43dfw&t=393s

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.1344 seconds