Home Open Account Help 291 users online

Model Railroading > Santa Fe Reefer Decals

Date: 07/11/21 22:52
Santa Fe Reefer Decals
Author: santafesteve

Does anyone know of anyone who is making decals for 40' ice bunker repainted reefers with the large, 8' Santa Fe logo. All the ones I can find are 8/12' and 9' witch is to large for the car.
Thanks.
Steve Kelly www.californiasouthern.org.

Date: 07/12/21 08:33
Re: Santa Fe Reefer Decals
Author: trackplanner

Steve,

Microscale makes these with the 8' herald.

Don DeLay

P. S.  I just rechecked the dimensions, forgot about that extra 6" on left of scale rulers. These are 8'.6" in diameter. I need to do some ATSF 40' ice reefers too. Never checked the decal against the car side, how bad off is it? 

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 07/12/21 09:21 by trackplanner.

Date: 07/12/21 11:34
Re: Santa Fe Reefer Decals
Author: santafesteve

It doesn't fit. If you check the diameter of the black herald on the Microscale sheet 255 (I just bought 3 of them) it is 9'. The herald on a Intermountain 40' reefer with the large herald it is 8'.I also bought some of the other decal sheets that Microscale printed and the black heralds are all 9'. I have a number of Intermountain kits to put together that are duplicate numbers and I would like to paint them uo with the large herald but no decals ,that i can find, were produced.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 07/12/21 11:52 by santafesteve.

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0365 seconds