Home Open Account Help 384 users online

Model Railroading > HO Scale Container Ships

Date: 09/23/03 11:13
HO Scale Container Ships
Author: RioGrandeFan

Does anyone know where one could get a reasonably sized and resonably priced HO container ship? Say to hold about 100 containers or so. Would rather get one commercially either in a kit or built-up than have to scratchbuild.

Any ideas?

Rio Grande Fan
Denver, CO

Date: 09/23/03 11:40
Re: HO Scale Container Ships
Author: BNSFCajon

Here's one place to look at:
http://www.maritimereplicas.com/merchant.htm
May be rather expensive though.

Date: 09/23/03 14:29
Author: Craigjp

write to burtindust@aol/com he makes or made a reasonable ie 4'long container ship,,I will post a pic later this afternoon,Well it is in Texas!

Craig

Date: 09/23/03 14:40

BOTH SHIPS ho SCALE the tanker is the shell welder costal tanker,the contanier ship is from Burt Ind.He makes the conataners in blocks so you don't have have hundreds of bucks tied up in a load.

Craig
ps the container crane is his as well,Good luck in your quest !

Date: 09/23/03 15:22
Author: NDHolmes

You're in Colorado. Container ships just don't float down the Platte, you know...

ND

Date: 09/23/03 16:05

Ok, so the Container Ship is not for me. It is, however, for a friend who has the space and the desire for one on his layout. Don't really know why he wants one, but I told him I would try to help him find one.

I personally don't have the space, and ships are not my interest (I wouldn't be on Trainorders if they were, I would be on Boatorders.com or something) I do have to admit, the model shown in the picture above is quite awesome!

I Thank those that have given information. I will pass it along and see what my friend thinks.

Rio Grande Fan
Denver, CO

Date: 09/24/03 06:09

Thanks,Yes ships are large,the ship in the photo is not scale length at 4'.Now for a more resonable ship look here > http://www.isp.on.ca/Sylvan/whatsnew.htm <.Seems something intersting is coming down the slipway.Ships and trains have a long history together.Marine railways short n wide..oh well enjoy

Craig

Date: 09/24/03 13:24

Craig,
My friend tried the e-mail you provided earlier and said it came back as invalid. Has it changed?

Rio Grande Fan
Denver, CO

Date: 09/24/03 13:40
Author: jalajoie

You could scratch built one, this one is 6 feet long and made of wood and styrene, it is close to being completed.

Date: 09/24/03 13:45
Author: jalajoie

A different view of the ship.

Date: 09/24/03 15:59

it was the last email i had for burt ind...he might be history.he was in the Orlando ,Fl area,if that helps.I wish your friend the best.

Craig

Date: 09/24/03 16:22

email me off list i have other contact info....Craig

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0373 seconds