Home Open Account Help 272 users online

Passenger Trains > Something odd going on in Glenwood Canyon

Date: 08/26/15 12:03
Something odd going on in Glenwood Canyon
Author: lowwater

I've only been able to hear the DS part of most of the conversations, but for some strange reason an eastbound train, probably a coal load, is stopped between the Glenwood depot and just short of the tunnel just east of town. No. 6, which arrived a few minutes early, has been sitting since while they figure out how to get a relief crew to the stuck train (why they need a relief crew I don't know). I'll wait until I can figure out more about what's going on to go into it any further, but suffice it to say that #6 will be delayed, and depending on what else transpires, #5, which left Granby 0:27 late, may get dinged too.

EDIT: #6 on the move at 1:37 PM, 1:27 late. #5 may end up unaffected.

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 08/26/15 13:02 by lowwater.

Date: 08/26/15 20:18
Re: Something odd going on in Glenwood Canyon
Author: cozephyr

Train delays might be caused by the Shooting Range Fire near Byers Canyon west of Hot Sulphur Springs, Colorado, which started at the shooting range August 24, 2015. 

Date: 08/26/15 20:30
Re: Something odd going on in Glenwood Canyon
Author: 2ebright

So, Bruce, how did they get the relief crew out to their train? Hi railer? Crew walk out to the train?

Dick
Roosevelt, Utah

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 08/26/15 21:18 by 2ebright.

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0314 seconds