Home Open Account Help 210 users online

Passenger Trains > The Federal at Denver Union Station this am

Date: 06/08/16 18:23
The Federal at Denver Union Station this am
Author: MoPac1

the Crawford hotel, private varnish,  and the new Denver commuter rail.  Does it get better than this in North America?

Charles Rice
Saint Louis, MO

Date: 06/08/16 19:22
Re: The Federal at Denver Union Station this am
Author: The_Chief_Way

I don't know, Charlie....having just been to Denver I may opt for the way it was in say, 1972, when Denver had a Real Train Station still.
Its all glitzy now, and lots of people running around, but I'm not sure its better, especially for the poor long distance passenger train.

Date: 06/09/16 05:05
Author: wheelnrail

I love the new DUS. Unlike the old, dingy station where I was almost arrested for taking pictures on the platform, this one is wide open. The style get some getting use to but that's progress, and in this case the architects and city planners have done a great job at preserving and showcasing the old station while building the new LoDo around it. I just wish there was more Amtrak service across the Front Range, not just Denver.

Posted from Android

Date: 06/09/16 06:41
Author: bandob

Nice to see there is a place to park a PV in the new station.

B&OBill

Date: 06/09/16 07:46
Author: dan

i think the depot will be super crowded as is denvder soon

Date: 06/09/16 14:34
Author: bobs

bandob Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Nice to see there is a place to park a PV in the
> new station.

Despite having some space, Denver is not well equipped for PVs.  They will not allow septic servicing of the cars there (afraid of spills).  The drop off/pickup process involves the Zephyr backing into one track, cutting off or picking up the cars, pulling back out and backing down the adjacent track to handle passengers.  It takes an inordinate amount of time.  Even having through PVs on the Zephyr is a problem as the platforms weren't built long enough to account for longer trains and this leave the engines sitting out in the rocks.  Since the engines are fueled at this stop in Denver, that can be a problem.

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0377 seconds