Home Open Account Help 370 users online

Railfan Technology > Resizing Photo Site

Date: 07/20/11 14:03
Resizing Photo Site
Author: Out_Of_Service

http://www.shrinkpictures.com/

If you're like me a less than phtographic savant which a lot of the people on here are and have pictures that wont fit on here ... this is a FREE site does it for you ... a photography dunce like me needs all the help i can get ... so just posting it for others like me who have problems posting oversized photos that don't fit on here

Date: 07/20/11 21:31
Re: Resizing Photo Site
Author: lwilton

You can shrink pictures using Paint, which most everyone with a PC will have.
This might well be an easier method though.

Date: 07/21/11 02:08

lwilton Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> You can shrink pictures using Paint, which most
> everyone with a PC will have.
> This might well be an easier method though.

paint was not as easy as 123 like this site is ... i lost a photo in paint and can't get it back cuz i saved it and now undo won't undo ... this is automatic ... no figuring out no cropping just browse the file of the photo you want resized and VOILA it's done and there are 4 choices of sizes ... i always pick the 760 pixels for the biggest photo i don't know why some of my photos are over 2 MB's and most are KB's but this is a great fix for me ...

Date: 07/21/11 10:01
Author: fredkharrison

MS Paint can do all of this just fine. All you need is a little practice, and you'll have more control over the process and get more satisfactory results.

For internet posting I usually reduce to a standard 10x8 96 dpi image, which gives a suitable monitor screen image which people don't have to wait long to download.

Never ever mess with your original photo files--akways save your edited images as new files. An example of how I do it here:

Original image: 110721-23.jpg
(2 digit year+2 digit month +2 digit day)-(image #).(format)

Reduced, quick to upload image:
110721-23.10x8c.96.jpg
(2 digit year+2 digit month +2 digit day)-(image #).(image size width x length in inches, add "c" if captioned).(dpi).(format)
Usually I omit the "96 dpi" in the file name because it is my standard, but all other dpi sizes I will list.

I have five different software programs I use in editing photos, but most of what I do is still done in MS Paint, and I use Adobe Photoshop the least of all of these programs. If MS Paint only had contrast and straightening features, I'd be a most happy camper.

Fred Harrison
Central Point, OR
CORPpower/JSS/EORS

Date: 07/21/11 14:14
Author: CR6444

My great grandma can do MS Paint in less than 3 minutes.....

Date: 07/21/11 14:47

CR6444 Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> My great grandma can do MS Paint in less than 3
> minutes.....

looks like she's smarter than me then doesn't it

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0368 seconds