Home Open Account Help 300 users online

Western Railroad Discussion > Keokuk Junction F Units Important Update!

Date: 08/05/19 12:11
Keokuk Junction F Units Important Update!
Author: Q4960

I also updated my original post but after a couple of phone calls to my contacts at Pioneer Railcorp/Keokuk Junction I was informed that the train to LaHarpe will not be until Wednesday, August 7th instead of Tuesday the 6th.  I was also told that the F units will not be in the lead on the trip west and may be shut down and simply towed to their destination.  The KJRY plans to make a delivery to the TZ tomorrow, the 6th, but with the information given I question whether the F's will be even a part of the consist.

Roger Holmes

Date: 08/05/19 13:02
Re: Keokuk Junction F Units Important Update!
Author: highgreengraphics

...The end came even before the end came! Glad I got the shots I did a couple of years ago. Curious, does the parent company that owns KJ now have any tourist operations? === === = === JLH

Date: 08/05/19 13:17
Author: MEKoch

The F units and a GP-20 were switching at Mapleton, IL today.  Just south of Peoria about 10 miles. 

Date: 08/05/19 13:43
Author: ShortlinesUSA

highgreengraphics Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> ...The end came even before the end came! Glad I
> got the shots I did a couple of years ago.
> Curious, does the parent company that owns KJ now
> have any tourist operations? === === = === JLH

Well, that's an interesting question.  Because much of this is being precipitated by the present parent company (Pioneer Railcorp) being sold to another entity (Brookhaven).  Pioneer doesn't really have any tourist operations, other than their yearly Santa train on the KJRY, which is more of an opportunity to bring Mr. Claus to small communities along the line, rather than for the community to ride the train.

I would expect Brookhaven to be much more bottom-line oriented, rather than worry about whether Santa comes to town.  But you never know.

Date: 08/05/19 20:37

The A units are FP7's from Algoma Central/ WC, five feet longer behind the cab to accomodate an upright water tank inside. There are 3 more in the LaHarpe deadline still in AC paint. The B unit is an F7B, as no FP B-units were built. === === = === JLH

Date: 08/06/19 07:56
Author: mtzctrain

I thought they are FP9s (at least the A units)?

highgreengraphics Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> The A units are FP7's from Algoma Central/ WC,
> five feet longer behind the cab to accomodate an
> upright water tank inside. There are 3 more in the
> LaHarpe deadline still in AC paint. The B unit is
> an F7B, as no FP B-units were built. === === = ===
> JLH

Date: 08/06/19 08:59

Oops, yes FP9's. Only one was an FP7, it went to a museum. The point I was trying to make is that they were FP's, which makes them longer than standard F's. === === = === JLH

Date: 08/06/19 15:19
Author: 2839Canadian

That's what she said.

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0368 seconds