Home Open Account Help 378 users online

Steam & Excursion > yreka western #19 for sale

Date: 10/30/08 19:54
yreka western #19 for sale
Author: matt1980

the yreka western 2-8-2 #19 is up for sale. its listed on ozark mountain railcar's website. at least i get to see it run this weekend. maybe for the last time.

Date: 10/31/08 08:19
Re: yreka western #19 for sale
Author: CPRR

Built in April 1915 for the Caddo River Lumber Co. as their #4, sold to the Caddo & Choctaw Railroad Co, and then to Ferrocarril Mexicano as #105. In 1953 it was sold to the McCloud River Railroad and eventually was sold to the current owner. #19 has had a pretty interesting career including a staring role in the famed railroad move "Emperor Of The North, starring Ernest Borgnine & Lee Marvin. #19 is in operating condition, fully carded and ready for service. Some of the mechanical details include: Oil fired boiler, c/n 42000, empty weight 178,700 lbs, weight on drivers 140,000 lbs, driver diameter 48", tractive effort 36,680 lbs, boiler pressure 185 lbs, cylinders 20" x 28", standard gauge, Walschaerts valve gear, mechanical lubricators, power reverser, dual air compressors, 6 brake.

This locomotive is in full operating condition, currently in service!

Price: $645,000

Make an offer

Date: 10/31/08 09:39
Author: fredkharrison

CPRR Wrote: Price: $645,000

Reply: LOL! Does that include the vise grips on the whistle cable?

Fred Harrison
Central Point, OR
CORPpower/JSS/EORS

Date: 10/31/08 10:25
Author: BaldwinS-12

That's a good one, Fred. I like that!

Date: 10/31/08 10:52
Author: CPRR

fredkharrison Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> CPRR Wrote: Price: $645,000
>
> Reply: LOL! Does that include the vise grips on
> the whistle cable?

The quote is from Ozark's website page.....not my price.

Date: 10/31/08 11:00
Author: odub

Sad news for those of us who get to listen to her every so often as she blows for the crossings and "labors" up the grade heading east.

Don Hall
Yreka, CA

Date: 10/31/08 11:09
Author: dmaffei

odub Wrote:
> Sad news

You got that right Don. Guess everything has it's price.
Not looking forward to a steamless Siskiyou Co.
But at that price, it may be a while.
BTW
Photobob had to take the Vice grips out of his cab interior shot!

Date: 11/02/08 17:00
Author: rrman6

Just dont let Japan or other foreigner buy her for scrap just to melt her blend into rail to be returned to the USA. At least, I don"t see that happening for that price and jsut hope she does find herself in good hands. Maybe Obama with all his campaign wealth will purchase her after the election. You wanted CHANGE didn't you??!! I look for my tax refund change to be in nickels and dimes.

Date: 11/03/08 09:26
Author: samreeves

LOL!

That would be a good locomotive for the Santa Cruz & Big Trees, but they don't have the dough for it.

Date: 11/03/08 19:39
Author: trax

fredkharrison Wrote:
> CPRR Wrote: Price: $645,000
>
> Reply: LOL! Does that include the vise grips on
> the whistle cable?

No Fred, I fixed the whistle cable problem last weekend (Oct. 25). And, no, Dennis couldn't blow the whistle from the fireman's side this past weekend -- I fixed it "good and proper".

Larry

Date: 11/04/08 21:13
Author: Got_Steam

Still thinking you're getting a return, eh? I'm thinking of getting myself laid off and claiming unemployment and staying home watching the kids.

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0498 seconds